Saturday, April 25, 2015

Celebrate Turn #13


I am ever so grateful to Ruth Ayres for inviting us to share and celebrate events, big or small, from our week.  I did not think I was going to get this post written because I am so far behind in the things-that-need-to-be-done list.  It is THAT time of year.

I am so grateful that I live in an area that has four seasons.  If I had to rank them, I would rank spring as last.  Spring is cold, rainy and so unpredictable, but we are rewarded by what comes after it.  And that is a cause for celebration.


Today I celebrate spring.

I celebrate rainy days... because the grass is green and flowers are blooming.

I celebrate tree pollen and sneezing... because the trees are no longer bare.

I celebrate helicopters (maple seeds) strewn in my yard and landscape... because the trees from which they fall provide shade in the hot summer days.

I celebrate hectic schedules...because that means the end of the school year is near.

I celebrate spring...because I know summer is on the way.



Have a great week and may you find many celebrations along the way.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, gorgeous picture, Leigh Anne. We don't have the helicopters yet, but the maples are beginning to come out, so soon. It is a wonderful season isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blooms! Is that forsythia? Just back from a walk where I discovered a flowering pine cone (?). Apparently on this particular tree the tree flowers before becoming a pine cone. I love that there's so much to learn in our natural world. Our spring has been glorious this year since it started early with very little winter weather for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Spring! Lovely celebration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean by the cold and rainy spring - sometimes it seems to drag on forever, but then... spring brings beauty and light and one can't help but smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I adore spring! Helicopters are our favorite!

    ReplyDelete