Sunday, March 12, 2023

I Forgot My Socks! #SOL23

I arrived in South Bend Friday afternoon for a conference. Knowing I would be traveling almost five hours, I wore comfortable clothes. That evening was a reception with opening remarks and keynote with Donalyn Miller.

I decided to freshen up little and change clothes. I unzipped my bag and took out my shoes, sticking my had inside to get my socks. (I always stuff socks in my shoes to save room.) 

But they weren't in there. I looked under a few clothing items and found my navy socks, but those weren't the ones I needed. I needed the ones that were supposed to be in my shoes. 

The ones I left at home.

I had one pair of socks...one pair of socks to wear all weekend. Looking on the bright side...at least I remembered to pack my underwear!


 

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we 
share a slice of life during the month of March. 

10 comments:

  1. Funny! Long ago, when I first met my husband at a church youth conference out of state, my luggage was lost and didn’t arrive til the last day… I wore the same clothes every day and had to hand wash my underwear every night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure every reader can relate to this in some form. If you think of all the whole conference, the socks become insignificant, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great conference and come back with your mind full, even if your feet are tired of the same socks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left for a few days solo vacation last year and suddenly, about an hour away, I realized that I didn't remember putting my suitcase in the car...Sure enough, I hadn't! Thankfully my daughter met me halfway. I'm glad you had at least one pair of socks, and a neutral color at that! Hope you enjoyed the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness you had underwear! Socks are such a funny thing to forget--better than some things you might forget for sure! Fun topic for a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thid made me laugh because I did the same thing once. I needed a pair of brown socks to go with the brown suit I had packed but only had a pair of black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life offers opportunities for stories and slices! It's really hard to come up with slices when you don't go anywhere. I have a trip later this month. I'll be sure to remember socks. I've forgotten bras before, other than the one I was wearing. I had my husband send them priority mail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I feel like this stuff always happens to me, especially when it is winter! I do think that clean underwear is MUCH more important!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Leigh Anne, that is funny. I agree, underwear are better if you had to remember just one. Socks would be important for a conference in South Bend in February! You won't be wearing sandals, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good thing!!! Nice coffee chuckle. I always enjoy your stories.

    ReplyDelete