Saturday, March 25, 2023

Solace and Connection

 

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy is to go outside...I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles. ~ Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank


I recently read the book, The Curious Nature Guide:  Explore the Natual Wonders All Around You by Clare Walker Leslie, which was recommended by a couple of my writing friends. 

After closing the last page, I realized that nature plays a big part in my life and my well-being and also creates opportunities to connect me with other writers. 

Nature brings us peace and calms us whether we are reading or writing about it, looking at images, or just being out in it. Sharing writing with others builds connections, and I hope this space will do both of those. 

Here's How It Works:

You write a blog post centered around nature. It can be a poem, an image, or any piece of writing about nature you want to capture and share. I will provide a prompt from the book or other sources if you need inspiration.  Feel free to grab the image to use on your post and social media to help others find our community.

Link your blog post with the link up at the bottom of my round up post that will (hopefully) go live on Sunday mornings--a great day to find solace. The first post will be next Saturday, April 1st. And that is no April's Fool's joke!

Read and respond to other posts to help build a writing community. Knowing someone has read our words and they have felt a connection inspires us and helps us to continue writing. I believe the more we write, the better writer we become. So let us take some time to deepen our connection with nature and with each other. 

Welcome to Solace and Connection! I am so glad you are here.

9 comments:

  1. I just love this idea, Leigh Ann, and can't wait til April 1st! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ordering that book now! I will try to stay connected here! It's FABULOUS idea! Molly, this is a perfect place for you and your incredible photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. Thank you for creating this space. Rita DiCarne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know me, Leigh Anne. Not a hard sell. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that I am going to try to participate in this and join everyone. I just bought the book for my Kindle (it's currently on sale). Thank you for cultivating this space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just ordered this book! And I will try to follow through on joining this writing space too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely in! Most of my blog posts are about nature anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will look forward to it! Now, I need to start a writing calendar, so I can keep track of writing spaces. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ordered the book. It should arrive tonight. I can't wait to be a part of this. Thank you for providing this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete