Thursday, March 27, 2014

SOLSC #27 - 15 Words or Less



Read more slices at
Two Writing Teachers

Today I am trying a poem inspired from a picture in 15 words or less.  This idea comes from Laura Purdie Salas.  To read more about 15 words or less, visit her here.

Here is my attempt.  I am in Columbus Ohio for a training to start a Next Chapter Book Club.  Being gone away from my family and my classroom makes me think about all of my many paths that lead to other adventures but they always come from my life at home as a mother, a wife and a teacher.




The highway of life
many paths
reaching out
to new adventures
anchored from home

Thank you Laura for helping me with slice today!

13 comments:

  1. This came out really well! It didn't even need the preface. I especially like that I imagine our lives are quite a bit different, yet I think this poem would also fit me perfectly. Thanks for sharing the idea and your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Anchored from home" When we take risks and adventure out, it is important to know we are anchored by those we love.
    I didn't try this today, but I did try her nonfiction rhyming poem. And Laura commented! Makes this writer feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a promising poem- makes you want to reach out and try new things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great poem! Loved the image of reaching out, yet anchored from home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect and so true. Enjoy your training, I know this is something you've been looking forward to for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just in time for National Poetry month too. Thank you for sharing both the idea and your beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well chosen words and a meaningful message. A lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I love this! I need to give the 15 words or less structure a try! I haven't done it in quite a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! The photo is a perfect accompaniment. I love the idea of all paths in life starting from home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! I love he way he photograph added meaning to the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! All the best to you on your new adventure. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Again... beautiful. The connection with the poem and your new adventure, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! That's so cool! I've never done the 15 words...I'll have to try it. Maybe I'll try it with my 6th graders too. I LOVE how you wrote about paths & connected it to that picture. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete