Each Saturday Ruth Ayres invites us to share and celebrate events from our week. Today I am combining my celebration with my daily slice for the March Challenge at Two Writing Teachers.
I am actually celebrating things to come this week. My spring break has officially started, so I decided to list "10 Things This Week" that I want to get accomplished.
- Reading - I have a huge stack of books that I would like to plow through.
- Sleeping - I do not plan to set my alarm one...single... day.
- Cleaning - My house has been neglected due to my schedule. Spring cleaning is a must!
- Commenting - The SOLSC started on a weekend followed by a snow day, a two-hour delay and then a one-hour delay. Since then, I have not had the time to read and comment on as many slices as I would like.
- Pampering - I have also neglected myself this school year, so I am taking some time for me, especially resting my foot.
- Cooking - I hope to try some new recipes and cook something different every night - no left-overs!
- Shopping - I am tired of winter clothes and need a little spring inspiration.
- Visiting - My grandmother is 89 years old and I need to spend some time with her.
- Writing - I have neglected our school blog where I feature student and teacher readers and post book reviews and information for parents.
- Reading - Did I mention that I have a stack of books to plow through?
Now, I am off to the gym to watch my daughter coach a basketball game.
Let the break begin!
Your spring break is starting as mine is winding down...hope you accomplish your list!ReplyDelete
Enjoy your break Leigh Anne,ReplyDelete
it sounds like you have all the right things planned for rejunvenation...I am looking forward to ours but it won't be here until the week before Easter.
So many ways to fill the hours! I like that you can accomplish two at once, reading and resting your foot. Enjoy these days they will fly by.ReplyDelete
Enjoy your spring break! I look forward reading your blog this week and finding our what inspires you while you are sleeping and resting (and of course writing:)ReplyDelete
I like your spring break plans!! I'll have to post mine next week :) After another week of school goes by! Can't wait to hear how the reading plans go! I saw you already started with the Laurel Snyder novel... I'm reading Seven Stories Up right now. Hope you have a fabulous and restful week :)ReplyDelete
Enjoy your spring break. You deserve it. I hope you get to plow through all of your books that way you can start a new pile. I like the second thing on your list,,,not setting the alarm. That is what I enjoy most about retirement.ReplyDelete
This is an excellent to-do list. I hope you are able to do everything that you have listed here. Enjoy your spring break!ReplyDelete
Enjoy your spring break! You have a great plan.ReplyDelete
Hooray for Spring Break, Leigh Anne - and hooray for having great books on hand!ReplyDelete
I love your spring break list, Leigh Anne and have many of the same items on my "to do" list! I like how you included "pampering" and "shopping" - things that focus on YOU! I hope you are able to accomplish all your "to do's"! Three cheers for no alarms and a large pile of books beside the bed! Enjoy!ReplyDelete
Happy Spring Break!!! Enjoy sleep, books, and even cleaning. I must say I'm jealous. :) Can't wait to read your blog next week too! :)ReplyDelete
I am looking forward to some of these things too! Reading especially but yes, my wardrobe needs some "new" to lighten it up for spring. Hard to imagine as it pours and pours rain but . . . Enjoy all of these things on your list!ReplyDelete
Yay for spring break! I love your whole list - sounds like lots of great things are in store for you this week. Enjoy!ReplyDelete
Your break sounds wonderful. Mine is still a week away, so I'm jealous.ReplyDelete
Enjoy yourself. You deserve it.
Have a wonderful break, Leigh Anne! Can't wait to hear about the books you read.ReplyDelete
Can't wait to hear about your stack of books. You have a delightful week planned. Enjoy and SAVOR every moment!ReplyDelete
I really like how you did your list of things to come!
Happy Spring Break!