Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Currently I'm... ~ #sol17


I believe being a writer is one of the biggest gifts you can give to your students. ~ Stacey Shubitz


This month I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a space for me to share my corner of the world.

It is Monday night, and I am dealing with "The Crud."  

I am miserable, and miserable times during the March Slice of Life Challenge call for a quick slice.  

A quick slice calls for a currently post.

Currently I'm...

watching the final blind auditions on The Voice
eating cherry pie on "Pi Day"
wondering how I am going to talk tomorrow if my voice keeps going
needing to get ahead in planning and writing my slices
wanting to go to bed early so I am not a grouch tomorrow

anticipating three more days until Spring Break

11 comments:

  1. Wishing you a strong voice, lots of ideas, and more rest! You can make it to spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to chuckle at three more days until spring break because my "spring break" turned into two snow days in the middle of March...go figure! Thanks for sharing, Leigh Anne and I hope your voice makes an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a universal teacher thing, the countdown to spring break. May it arrive quickly and pass by slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This format always pleases me to read. Crossing my fingers that you get well before spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this format too. It's speaks so much of who a person is in a snapshot. Hang in there! Take care of yourself and feel better BEFORE spring break!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also always surprisingly pleased by reading a Currently post. I'm sure I will write one this month too. I'm saving it for a day when I really, really can't manage writing, much as you did here. Hope you're better soon. My son and I are huge Voice fans, so we watched and enjoyed every moment of last night's show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Currently, I'm wondering, are you at school, do you have a voice, did you get to bed early? I hope you are feeling better and just think, now there are only two more days until spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these. Here's to spring break. (I'm lamenting that tomorrow is Thursday already.) Take care of your voice. Currently I'm drinking peppermint tea, because my husband and I went to the local kitchen diner for meatloaf and then to the trendy dessert bar after. I might be too old for such shennanigans. But it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to read you aren't feeling well. Rest is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband has had a rough go of the crud. With little sleep and feeling crummy, one can get rather grumpuss. I hope you get better soon. I admire that you are keeping up with the writing. I'm wondering how I'm going to keep up with all the wedding hurrah. Currently may be just the right form for me.

    ReplyDelete