Friday, March 24, 2017

My Soon-to-Be Addiction ~ #sol17


I believe being a writer is one of the biggest gifts you can give to your students. ~ Stacey Shubitz


This month I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a space for me to share my corner of the world.

I have a new addiction.  Not that I need or want one.  

I had heard about this soon-to-be addiction from some of my friends - Michelle Haseltine and Jennifer Laffin.  (I blame it on them!)

Walking down the aisle at Walmart, I would look at this soon-to-be addiction and convince myself I didn't need them.  The next shopping trip (and the next), I did the same thing.  I tried to ignore it, but one day I had a meltdown. 

I stopped in the aisle and said, "I can't take it any more!"

I bought some.  It was a small package of this soon-to-be addiction because I was just going to "try" them.  But I fell in love. 

Then, as I was walking down the aisle of Walmart again, I heard a bigger package of this soon-to-be addiction calling my name.  It's like they were taunting me.  I kept telling them that I didn't need them in my life.  The small package would be enough. But when you have a soon-to-be addiction, that little voice in your head just won't stop...

until...

you buy them!





That soon-to-be addiction is now a real one.  I love the way these pens glide over the paper without smearing and the colors...oh, look at the colors.  The sad part is, I know there is an even bigger package lurking on the shelf!

But I am not listening!

27 comments:

  1. Pens are one of my weaknesses, too! There's just something about new pens in bright colors that is just such a happy thing. Enjoy your new addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As addictions go, this one is relatively harmless. I say enjoy every single color and when the bigger packages arrive, indulge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humorous. Have fun using these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like I'm going to Walmart..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! You MUST get the bigger package. The are amazing! This made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed, thanks to Michelle I too am addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So my addiction is Pilot Frixion pens because they also glide so nicely, but can erase too! I often gift my students with Ink Joy pend (so much so that one of them noticed that they all have been Ink Joy pens).

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's interesting how some of us write more when we are using the best pens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love good pens! I'll have to check these out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of you are going to have to stop talking about these. I have plenty of pens already, but these are calling to me! Maybe if I share with the grand-girls, it will be okay to purchase? Fun post, Leigh Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you kept me guessing here! I can't wait to try them out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pens are fabulous! I've noticed that my students also like to borrow them whenever possible:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, too, have an addiction to office supplies. It's funny, I have these, and I want more, too! Great job leaving us to guess the addiction until the end!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michelle's comment about getting the larger package had me laughing out loud. I'm totally buying some of these for my son. We both love new pens and pencils. It's so easy to develop new addictions to colorful pens!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like your addiction is spreading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, yes, I'm seriously with you especially since I'm a lefty. I can even get these bad boys on Amazon Prime, which is another bad, bad addition too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the voice in this piece and yes, it seems like something I need to check out. I may just find myself heading over to Amazon right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh boy! clearly your post struck a chord! We English nerds love a good pen, don't we! Thanks for sharing another one for me to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! Pens are so an addiction of mine! Always in search of the perfect color and line! Loved your post, kept me reading to the end. So glad your addiction wasn't a tv show!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha! You should have a talk with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen a lot of slices (including some of the favorites RSVP's) about these pens. I found a package at Kroger for $2.39- they are the stick with a cap kind, not the click kind. They really are smooth. And the colors are great, and they even include the traditional blue and black for the times you must be more traditional.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha! I was cleaning/clearing my desk off yesterday and found an entire un-opened package of colorful pens. I literally felt my heart jump in excitement. Pens have so much possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Uh oh! I think I need them too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hahahaha! Teachers and office supplies! We are so weak when it comes to these things. I'm going to have to try these new-to-me gel pens.

    ReplyDelete