Sunday, March 12, 2017

I read, therefore... #sol17


I believe being a writer is one of the biggest gifts you can give to your students. ~ Stacey Shubitz


This month I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a space for me to share my corner of the world.

Last night I was looking through some tweets from the Michigan Reading Association Conference, (#MRApassport) and came across this one.  I thought this would make a perfect slice for my busy day!



I read; therefore, my children walk in and say, "Guess it's leftovers...again."

I read; therefore, I have to rewash the stinky laundry that sat in the washer for days.

I read; therefore, my students say, "Mrs. Eck, you look tired today."

I read; therefore, I announce, "Not tonight, I have three chapters left."

I read; therefore, I stay in my pajamas all day.

I read; therefore, my favorite shopping trip involves a book store.

I read; therefore, I add Amazon gift cards to my grocery cart to keep my purchases a secret.

I read; therefore, I ship my Amazon purchases to school. (Shh...)

I read; therefore, I have tinted reading glasses for poolside.

Happy Reading!

When I first wrote this slice, I had a comma after read and then the rest of the sentence.  After realizing I am teaching parenthetical elements this week, I thought it would be a good idea to go back and fix them...even though I like them better the other way!

26 comments:

  1. I love this! Confessions of a reader..., 📚❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! These are great. I knew I wasn't the only one and your post confirms it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I do most of those too. Such fun --the public and secret lives of readers. Yea us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and I love that because you are a writer you picked up on an idea from a tweet. I can relate to so many of these. What a playful and honest slice. Such fun! Would you consider letting me feature this for inspiration this month during our slicing challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need to read more, because your life sounds just like the life I want to lead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one had me laughing. Love the inspiration for the slice and the format. I have a feeling you're going to inspire a lot of slicers today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this reading confession! I will have to borrow it! I believe I will find some shared therefores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I read; therefore, I add Amazon gift cards to my grocery cart to keep my purchases a secret." HAHAHA! Love this line--hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my... thought I was the only one to forget the laundry and have to re wash!!! Yeah, a lot of chores have been postponed with the refrain, "Just one more chapter, and then..."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! Not only did this make me laugh out loud, it reminds me of myself. That grocery cart thing is a great trick. I only just recently discovered that one. Then it counts as groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! The tweet that inspired your list struck me first because I listen to audiobooks in my car & sometimes just have to wait an extra minute or to until I can pause to go into work! I love your entire list...true confessions =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! This is great! First of all, isn't it fun when you find an idea for a slice like that? Second of all, your list made me laugh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You read; therefore you are able to write with voice. So many consequences all in the name of I can't put the book down, yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool. Clever. Entertaining. So easy to relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could add: I read, so I don't hear my family members asking questions until they repeat themselves five times and finally I notice voices raised in exasperation, then pulling myself out of the depths of that book is almost physically painful.

    This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! This is amazing. I am definitely interested in stealing this for my own list. Would be a great model for students too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fun peek into your reading life! I know there are many of us who can relate to your Amazon sneaks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always believed...what he doesn't know, won't hurt him!

      Delete
  18. Excellent! You've developed some superbly sneaky strategies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love. I too just ship the books to school. I didn't know I could do that until last year. :) I have added this format to my inspiration list. I hope that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much fun! I have always said that if I ever were to marry there would have to be a $100 a month book budget line!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad I happened on this slice, Leigh Anne. It is perfectly delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for this! Finally posted my own version: http://www.thelogonauts.com/2017/03/solsc17.html

    ReplyDelete