Saturday, March 18, 2017

Spring Break Resolutions ~ #sol17


I believe being a writer is one of the biggest gifts you can give to your students. ~ Stacey Shubitz


This month I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a space for me to share my corner of the world.



Today I am also combining my two worlds of writing 
by celebrating my week with Ruth Ayres

Spring break has arrived!  That is a celebration!  No snow days make for a long winter, but I will love those Fridays off in May!

I typically become overambitious during Spring break week with a to-do list that is longer than my days.  I want to be productive, yet I still need time for me and for relaxation to refuel for these last eight weeks of school.

To leave room for celebrations, I have created a plan.  I have decided to make spring break resolutions  - one for each day (but not in any particular order) and includes a little fun mixed in with a little work.  

Hopefully a week from now, I can celebrate many accomplishments!
  1. Clean my house
  2. Read two+ books and mail them to my #bookrelays team
  3. Finish writing an article
  4. Have lunch with a teacher friend
  5. Write a conference proposal
  6. Finish Ruth's online course
  7. Try a new recipe
Have a great week, and may you find many celebrations 
along the way!

23 comments:

  1. These are great goals for the week! Here's hoping you get them all done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like an ambitious list. But I bet writing them down increases the likelihood of achieving them. Have a fun, restful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to your wonderful days off accomplishing your goals without hurry, Leigh Anne. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo! My break started today too and last night I wrote my list of must do's. I like that you had fun penciled in too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that sounds like a great list of proposed celebrations, Leigh Anne. Enjoy your week. http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2017/03/march-musings-18-celebrate-your-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's my spring break, too! I have TWO weeks! I think a list is a good idea, but I have a lot of comments to go first! I am taking on that challenge this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun and manageable to do list! I alway have a hard time balancing all that I want to do and what I should do and what I need to do ... there still isn't enough time. However, the extra time will allow you the freedom to slow down and enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you get through most, if not all, of your list. It sounds like a wonderful spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy happy spring break!! Here's to checking one item off the list a day. Enjoy :) Can't wait to hear more about your book choices and recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost didn't click over here today, because it's a whole 'nother week until my spring break starts, which is horrifyingly late, in my books. So I was jealous. But then I saw the "resolutions" part and wanted to find out what you had planned. I like the balance of "shoulds" and fun activities. I never get as much done as I plan to, but I figure if I plan a lot, I'll at least get SOMETHING done. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy every bit of your resolutions! Even cleaning the house can be fun when that is the only thing on the agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Spring break! Mine starts next weekend. I can't wait! I like your goal list. It helps to focus on one accomplishment each day. :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ours just started today! The kids and I are off so I created a fun list of things we could do. While the Scott Joplin museum wasn't too exciting for them the idea of visiting a new Korean ice cream place after was enough to get them to pretend learning while on break would be ok.

    Having a plan is always the way to get the most out of break.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading other people's lists of goals. My spring break was last week--and I mostly spent it pretending I don't have a job. So.... lots to do now to catch up! Wishing you lots of learning and rest over this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always good to have those plans written out! The time just goes by otherwise. Have fun. Looks like you've planned for that, too!

    http://mainelywrite.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-jealousy-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with your list, but I also hope you find time for rest and relaxation. We have one more week until spring break, and I can't wait. ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your list looks well balanced. Enjoy your Spring Break 😊

    https://wordsmithing2017.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your plan, Leigh Anne! I will be looking in your next #Celebratelu to see if you make all 7 on your list. Happy Spring Break to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great list! You should share the recipe you try - I am always looking for inspiration in the kitchen. Do you have favorite websites or blogs for recipes? I always love Martha Stewart and Ina Garten myself. Smitten Kitchen for blogs...

    ReplyDelete