Monday, March 27, 2017

PD Book Spine Poetry #sol17


I believe being a writer is one of the biggest gifts you can give to your students. ~ Stacey Shubitz


This month I am participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge.  Thanks to Two Writing Teachers for creating a space for me to share my corner of the world.

I love creating book spine poetry, looking through my shelves, arranging and rearranging titles.  One year I wrote book spine haiku for an even greater challenge.  

This month, Diane at Newtreemom created a book spine poem using professional books.  I have been on spring break this week, so my poem had to wait until I was ready to could get back to my classroom to see what titles I could add to my book stash at home.  

Here are my creations using professional books - one for writing and one for reading.



Write beside them
day by day
bringing life to words
after the end
the journey is everything


Book love
igniting a passion for reading
kids deserve it

11 comments:

  1. Powerful message and so much great information in each one of those books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love Write Beside Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the books you gathered together- such positive messages about writing and reading! And there are three books completely new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each book's a treasure, and I love that you used them in your poems. How wonderful that is. I do love all these books, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so these are great!! Love that you did a different twist on the normal book spine poem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love book spine poems. I love to see what books people use. I love to see what magic they perform with these. You have inspiring books and beautiful poems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These book spine poems are great! I never thought about professional text ones, but they turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How interesting that a Penny Kittle book began each poem! She's one of my favorite reading and writing experts. I actually own all of these books except the last one in each poem (and don't tempt me. I'm trying to pare down,not add to). Love both of your book spine poems!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your books as well as your poem speak highly of your passion for teaching. Love it!

    ReplyDelete