Monday, March 16, 2020

A Welcomed Visitor #SOL20


I sit at the kitchen table, and my skin starts feeling prickly. I feel that eerie sensation that someone was watching me through the kitchen door. Out of the corner of my eye, I think I see him, but shrug it off.

I knew it couldn't be. He hadn't been here for so long and for sure wasn't expected to return today. 

Oh, how I miss him. I long for those days being alone with him and basking in his company. Just the two of us. I miss his bright smile, his warm caresses on my arms, and his kisses on the tip of my nose, leaving a sign of his presence. 

I feel it again, only this time much stronger like he is coming out from behind something. I turn, look over my shoulder, and gasp. It's true. It IS him!








Welcome back my dear sun! Oh, how I have missed you!


Please join Two Writing Teachers and the annual Slice of Life March Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. Amen! I look forward to welcoming him back soon. Wonderful leading up to the guest's identity. Your writing really drew me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun is shining brightly here. Drapes are open and I am enjoying the view. Cats like a nice sunny windowsill for catching a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there's nothing like the return of the sun. I like how you described him so vividly like a person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the sun! I like how you built the post. Sunshine=smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this! I fully expected there to be a cat coming to visit. How clever, Leigh Anne! Like you, I cherish the sun's visits and look forward to more frequent visits soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the surprise ending! The sun has been out more often here lately, but it's still mostly cold. I have a hard time motivating myself to go out in the cold. Bring on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you let the sun be the surprise. We've had it off and on in the last week--although if feels more off than on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the surprise in this post. Yes, the old sun is a wonderful and happy guest for all of us. The perk of making it through the winter.

    ReplyDelete