Thursday, March 12, 2020

Faithful Moon #SOL20



Each Thursday, Margaret Simon at Reflections on the Teche, posts a picture and invites others to write a poem from it. Her weekly post, This Photo Wants to be a Poem is a "low stress weekly poetic writing prompt." Today's photo is from Paula Bourque at LitCoachLady
Today's poem captures a sliver of what ended up being a very chaotic day - much more than what I thought when I wrote it this morning!
The faithful moon rises,
oblivious to the chaos below.
Grasp tightly to its beam of light.

©Leigh Anne Eck, 2020


Please join Two Writing Teachers and the annual Slice of Life March Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. wHoA!! "oblivious to the chaos" nails it! Thanks for breathing life and truth into my photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is definitely going into my notebook and I may even have to share it on a future Poetry Friday since I'm including a focus on "light" (my OLW) poems this year. "Grasp tightly to its beam of light." Wise words for our times, Leigh Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you joined us today. I hope the news will spread. Such a joy to have everyone writing poems together.

    ReplyDelete