My friend Ruth Ayres used to do a weekly Saturday round-up that celebrated the small moments in our lives. Even among the chaos and uncertainty of the days ahead, we still need celebration.
Today I share a few small celebrations from my week.
- A former student who is now an 8th grader came to my room and asked if she could get a book. I love that students feel comfortable enough to come to me and know that I will share my books with them even when they are no longer my students. She left me a little note on my desk.
- The day before break we watched the movie of the book we finished this week. A student said, "Mrs. Eck you did a good job with the voices of the characters when you read parts of this."
- I found out that I won a book giveaway on Twitter - perfect delivery time since I will have a little extra time to read.
- We had early release yesterday, and I was able to come home and take a nap.
- I found two new recipes I want to try this week. One of my commitments for the year was to try a new recipe a month, and this has not happened yet.
- I was able to buy toilet paper this morning at the store - not because I am in a panic, but because we are in need!
I hope you manage to find some celebrations this weekend, no matter how small they may be.
Please join Two Writing Teachers and the annual Slice of Life March Challenge.