Tuesday, March 10, 2020

The Next Step Forward #SOL20



Sometimes decisions are made that leave us with more questions than answers. This is my current state of mind as I question why a certain decision was made. This decision affects many people that I care about, especially my colleague, my sister, and my daughter.

I recently read a message to the person affected the most by this decision, and it said, "Remember to take the next step forward."

I know everyone involved needs time to adjust, but these words are powerful. When we have to accept decisions, we can't look back. It will only bring regret and anger and resentment. That is not healthy for anyone. But if we remember to take the next step forward, I have to believe that we can heal in time, and we can rise above those responsible. 

Please join Two Writing Teachers and the annual Slice of Life March Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. That’s great advice for so many situations and circumstances we face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your perspective. I hope you get some mental clarity about it all. I hope all involved take the nexts steps and it all works out for their good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your difficult situation. I do like the advice shared. Just keep taking steps forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. This sounds ominous. I try to remind myself I can only control my reaction to others’ decisions. I can’t control what they do. I hope things work out well for the ladies you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete