Friday, March 6, 2020

I'm THAT Teacher #SOL20

"Oh, you're THAT teacher." Anyone ever heard that? Or maybe you have said, "Oh, she's THAT teacher."

In our #100DaysofNotebooking group, someone shared a page with this prompt. So, today I share what makes ME that teacher.

I'm THAT teacher...
  • who has piles (upon piles) on her desk.
  • who has too many tabs open on her computer.
  • who has a TBR pile that is uncontainable.
  • who has chocolate stashed in her desk.
  • who will stop and ask what are you reading.
  • who would rather buy books than clothes or shoes.
  • who won't share her favorite pens.
  • who will always give students a pencil when they don't have one.
  • who believes in the possible!
How are you THAT teacher?

Please join Two Writing Teachers and the annual Slice of Life March Challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect kind of teacher to me! Also, great slice format!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun list. I’d add: Yes, I’m that teacher who will turn you into a lover of poetry; I’m that teacher who will make you laugh when you feel like crying; I’m that teacher who advertises her acceptance of LGBTQI students and speaks openly about choosing our pronoun rather than defaulting to the binary “she/he” options; I’m that teacher who lets students speak on topics controversial in our conservative community and expect everyone to listen respectfully. I could go on. This is fun, and it makes me feel better than I was feeling before reading the post. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list, Leigh Anne! I will have to think about this one and perhaps notebook about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great list. Teachers are not one dimensional. We are so many things. I am that teacher who guides you into becoming the best you can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this list. I will definitely be making one for myself. I can say that I am THAT teacher that hugs every Scholar and tells them I them before they leave for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this so much! I may have to write one of these lists too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep. I was/am that teacher. Even now, I carry extra pencils and pens for kids, I book talk whatever I'm reading, I share food I carry with kids who need it. And chocolate? That's a given!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for being THAT teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I can say yes to all of these things!! And what a great thing to be THAT teacher. I'll have to try a list like this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "who would rather buy books than clothes or shoes" - so me. There were other things on the list too I was able to nod to. I have come to the conclusion that "never to be completed" is part of definition for TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete