Thursday, March 26, 2020

This I Miss #SOL20



This, I miss...

telling "B" to spit out her gum.
asking "C" to find his seat.
reminding "D" to stop tapping his pencil.

standing in the hallway laughing with my team
racing Melanie and Andrea to the bathroom 6th period
eating lunch with co-workers

sharing books 
sharing words
sharing learning

getting caught playing my 70s rock 
sharing "old" jokes with them
watching them leave for the day, knowing they are coming back tomorrow

This, I miss.


Please join Two Writing Teachers and the annual Slice of Life March Challenge.

10 comments:

  1. We don't realize how much we miss things until they are no longer available. We are all looking for new ways to do old things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the teacher who put the poster up with the count down to summer is regretting her wish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normalcy. That's what we miss. Normal days and normal lives. Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This- "watching them leave for the day, knowing they are coming back tomorrow." This is beautifully crafted and captures the little things we often take for granted. All the best to you and your students. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I teach middle school, I wonder what they will look like when they come back. They grow so fast. I like your first stanza a lot-it captures how we are always micromanaging throughout class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss so many things too. I even miss telling my high school students to put away their cell phones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so true that we miss all the mundane irritable things that we didn't realise were precious until they were there no more. You have captured the sadness so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natural human contact we miss. The instant responses and reactions we miss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've captured so much of the joy and what is missed. Your poems are the best.

    ReplyDelete