Sunday, March 15, 2015

SOLC #15 First Weekend of Spring Break

The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.


As I sit here waiting for the sun to mark a period on my first weekend of spring break, I am taking advantage of the warm temperatures and spending a few minutes outside on my back porch.  I have spent most of the weekend inside a gym watching a basketball tournament.  As much as I love watching my niece and students play and my daughter and sister coach, I have missed out on a beautiful afternoon.

I am contemplating my to-do list for my week, identifying which items belong in the must-do, want-to-do, and should-do list.  There are plenty for each one, and I know my week will run out long before my list.

Tonight, I add this to my want-to-do list.  I have two boxes of books I want to read before I hand them over to my students.  This is just a short stack that I pulled out for this slice.  

My slice is written, and now I have time to finish watching this beautiful sunset.


3 comments:

  1. Must-do, want-to-do, and should-do...good idea for a weekly list. Nice book stack (can't see title or author of the top one, though)-love Donalyn Miller's books, read a sample from Igniting a Passion for Reading and it was good, Wish Girl and The War sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big plans with books will fill your days and so much more. Looks like it should be a good week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete