Monday, March 16, 2015

SOLC #16 Today

The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.  


Last year during the challenge when I had a loss of words or was pressed for time, I relied on others in this community for inspiration.  Michelle at Literacy Learning Zone uses this format as a go-to.  Today I not only share this format, I also use it as my slice.

today ~ taking it easy and enjoying some time to get caught up
want to be ~ reading any book in my TBR stack
blessings ~ both my children will be graduating in less than two months
thinking ~ I need to do more commenting now that I have a "slow-it-down" week
planning ~ a presentation, Motivating Readers, for student teachers and which biographies to use for my unit on perseverance
writing ~  an essay on perseverance to use as a mentor text for my 6th graders and of course slices
loving ~ the 70 degree weather on my first day of spring break and the slower pace of my next five days
grateful ~ my husband has saved all his life for a rainy day because rainy days do come

and today (again) ~ catching and celebrating little moments 

13 comments:

  1. Thanks Leigh Anne, my well is indeed running dry. I will tuck this away for inspiration. Your last line reminds me to do what is important - stop, breathe and celebrate the small moments. A good reminder in such a frenetic world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. The well is running dry. I even made a calendar to try and help, and yet you can't force inspiration. Time to stop and look around for those true blessings. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is where is all starts..with a plan. Sounds like you will have an enjoyable week. I find it sweet that you are grateful for your husbands rainy day savings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great format - I've used it too and makes one think about what is important in the moment. Have a great, slow, relaxing spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy spring break! I can feel your plans for your week unfolding in this slice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect way to capture right now today. I haven't used it yet ... but I know the day will be coming! Enjoy your slower pace and picking and choosing your next delight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today it is good to slow down and be able to breathe a relaxed breath, not the huff and puff of hurry. I'm sorry a rainy day has come to dip into that fund.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Michelle, she always has the best ideas for slicing! Love your take on this, Leigh Anne - enjoy Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is halfway through the SOL challenge, nearly spring break, and I'm getting sick. I think I might be using your format tomorrow!

    -Amanda http://teachingwanderlust.com/2015/03/16/what-sells-in-venezuela-sol16/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, I am dry and hitting more slices than usual looking for inspiration. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, nice, Leigh Anne. I think I might share this with my students, too. Love all your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this format also. Cheers to the 70 degree weather...wow!! Enjoy your well deserved break.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What another great way to write!

    ReplyDelete