Saturday, March 7, 2015

SOLC #7 - Snow Day Surprise and Celebrate Turn #6

The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.  


My slice today is serving double duty because I am also celebrating with Ruth Ayres.



Thursday we had another snow day.  By mid afternoon the streets were pretty clear so I decided to venture out, go to school, and get some work done.  

As I was sitting in my room, I received a text message from another teacher who lives across the field from the school.  If I look out my window, I can see his house.

The text said, Emma, his daughter and a former 4th grade student of mine, left you a surprise.  Look out your window.

I opened the blinds and this is what I saw.



I replied, "Tell her thank you and that SHE is an angel."

Celebrating a snow day surprise!

21 comments:

  1. Aww! What an awesome surprise and celebration! Thanks for sharing your blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cool, Leigh Anne!! That was an awesome surprise on a snowy day.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great look out your window. It makes the snow day worth it! (I hope)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!!!! That's precious!!! I'm so glad you took the time to really see the beauty of the snow! An angel just for you?!?! What a gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful surprise. Very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love opportunities where students remind us that they are the reason we enjoy what we do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How special! I don't wish all that snow on anyone, but what a lovely way to celebrate snow and life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thoughtful colleagues are always good to have, Leigh Anne. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How neat! What a nice surprise to see. How thoughtful of the surprise giver.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those surprises found in snow! A sweet angel visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those little things that make your heart warm :)
    I hope that snow melts quickly and we're seeing the blue of pool water before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is sweet! I love gestures like these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet!! It's special to be in the same neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely precious! A reason to celebrate indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. I love it when community comes together. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful surprise. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful, and your simple story-telling technique gave all of the attention to the sweetness of the gift. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The view from your window is most definitely cause for celebration! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete