The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.
Early this month and on the same day, Marcie and Michelle Haseltine both created a slice listing 10 things about them that we probably didn't know. I decided to use this idea for my slice today. Creating this list also gave me ideas for future slices. So, here are
10 things you probably don't know about me!
- I eloped almost 25 years ago. (tomorrow's slice)
- I married the brother of one my EJD's or high school friends.
- I could have been an extra in the state finals scene in the movie Hoosiers while I was a student at Butler University. One of my biggest regrets.
- I have two dimples.
- I went back to school at 40 to become a second-career teacher.
- I live 7 miles from the Blue Flash, a small homemade roller coaster, which is in the book All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. (future slice)
- I have a fear of water because I almost drowned in a lake when I was a child. (future slice)
- I am an Alpha Phi.
- My mother-in-law and I were both 4th grade teachers at the same school, but not at the same time. (future slice)
- I have eight family members who are either currently teachers or retired teachers.