Wednesday, March 18, 2015

SOLC #18 Hello There, Again

The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.

This is another one of those days where slicing was not on my must-do list.  I worked most of the day on a presentation that I am giving Thursday to a group of student teachers.  So, I am going back to a slice I used last year.  



i am a 6th grade ELA teacher, a mom to two young adults, a wife
i keep way too many emails on my computer
i wish i could motivate all of my students to become readers (the topic of my presentation)
i love to read heart fiction or any book that makes me cry
i dance ~ NOT
i sing only when people can't hear me
i think moving to the middle school was one of the best decisions I have made this year
i really must work on exercising more
i need to clean my house
i should go to the doctor and get a shot for my heel pain
i can complete this challenge!
i like to write poetry, but I am not very good at it
i make a good euchre partner
i always watch The Voice on Monday and Tuesday nights

It is nice to have another go-to post from last year.  If you get stuck in the last few days of the challenge, feel free to use this idea.  

16 comments:

  1. I like your slice! A wonderful way to share!

    With computer woes, sickness and more, I had to slow down on sharing my own slices every day...I may be able to try this idea today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this from last year and thought about using it for today too. I am teaching two graduate classes today instead of my sixth graders. Good luck on your presentation!!! They are lucky student teachers to hear you!! Hope you slice about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I was looking for this today! Shoot! I should have commented first, and then written! I'll have to tuck this away for tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! I dance in my kitchen, and sing when people can hear me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the idea; something to keep in my pocket for when I need it most:) Reading your slice made me think we are like-minded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a neat idea! I'll have to keep this one in my back pocket for those days when I'm running out of time! ;) I learned a little more about you, too. We have a few things in common, like the singing and dancing thing, and definitely the working out thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this idea before, but love that it brings out such individuality to the person who is writing it and yet shows our similarities too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this format! I was feeling stuck today so I did a 10 Things Right Now (apparently I had plenty to write about, but just needed a way to get it all out). I will try this out too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always get the best ideas for writing prompts from you:) Thank you for sharing your ideas and another tool that I can add to my writing toolbox! I learned so much about you from this slice. I also appreciated your mention of keeping too many emails on your computer-my gmail currently has 13,741 messages in the inbox.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder we're blogging friends! I think the only thing we don't have in common is the heel pain. Oh, and I'm just a so-so euchre partner, but I love to play! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this type of prompt because it really shares what is important to you today. What you are thinking about, what matters in your heart. Best of luck with your presentation -- you'll be great!

    BTW - love your OLW button!!! Perfect for the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love learning about people and this is a great way to continue to get to know you Leigh Anne! I'm definitely borrowing this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of luck with your presentation. I am about at that point where I am looking for ideas for new posts. I just might use your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will be great when you give your presentation, because you have passion for the topic. No dancing? I'm not much of a dancer either, but I love to watch it on TV. Never played euchre, but used to play Spades, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "i need to clean my house" This would be me today as well! Too many great slices to read and write. Your idea is now officially recorded for future!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! I think I may use this idea, especially since I have a friend coming to visit next week and I don't want to spend too much time on my slices :-). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed learning more about you. You must live closer than I imagined since you mentioned euchre. I'm always told it is an Ohio game. ;o)

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete