Tuesday, March 31, 2015

SOLC #31 A Letter to Fellow Slicers

The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.

Dear Slicers,

We spent the last month together sharing stories, sharing lives.  It is hard to believe the month is over.  

To the new slicers, there were so many of you who joined this year, and so many I have yet to get to know.  It seemed as if time was not on my side and did not allow me to read as many slices as I would have liked.  I am sorry for that.

So many times I read slices but was not able to comment.  That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy your stories or didn't learn something from you.  I laughed with you, shared your tears, and I carry many of your stories and ideas in my heart.

I hope you continue to be a part of this community by writing on Tuesdays.  It is the Tuesday slices throughout the year where I get to know you better and where our connections are made stronger.

To my "older" slicing friends, it seems many days I have spent more time finding and reading posts from new slicers than I have reading yours.  But you know how important having that connection is and you know I will be back to read your words.

Thank you for letting me grow in your bean field during another March Challenge.  Many of you challenged me and forced me to raise the bar on my own writing.  Because of this, I will continue to write because I am a writer.  WE are writers because that is what we do.


17 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful letter, Leigh Anne!! I agree. I read so many and feel like I lacked in comments this year. I love how you said, " I laughed with you, shared your tears, and I carry many of your stories and ideas in my heart." This encapsulates the challenge for me. LOVE your vanillapen sign and the quote!! :) See you tomorrow with POETRY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I'm thinking!!!! Thanks Leigh Anne for your contributions here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful letter and I'm shaking my head in agreement with all. I mentioned in my slice today that it was hard to connect with so many new slicers and I found myself trying to read my "old" slicing friends. :) It's hard to balance. So much is about our own personal writing, but so much is also about the community and commenting. But we did it again! Congrats and I'll see you next Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reflections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun month! Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. I look forward to continuing to get to know you through your writing. Something to look forward to indeed!

      Delete
  5. Love that you wrote a letter to everyone, Leigh Anne. I'm so happy you're on this journey with us! Thanks for that, always look forward to what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like hopping around the blogs today, reading reflections. Thank you for your letter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Leigh Anne! What a wonderful idea to make your own quote box! Yes we are writer's indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you for completing this month. I have to agree, there were so many writers this month that I found it difficult to read and comment on the newbies as well as keep up with those that I regularly read. Your letter says it all. See you next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leigh Anne, you blog continues to be a wonderful mentor text for me. Thank you for inspiring me and for being a part of my writing community.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's to the old gang, Leigh Anne - so glad to read your slices through the years. We've both grown so much as a result of being with this TWT community.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the letter. you wrote so many things that are the same things I would say! March is good, and Tuesdays are even better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The month comes to an end and we are richer for having participated. The month is so crazy with new writers and yet I don't want to leave my friends behind and miss the stories of their life. Every year I fall a little further behind in commenting to new slicers. So thank you for the sweetest comment you left me. I can't wait until we can gather at All Write! See you Tuesday. Perhaps I will work on a poem or two, but no promises.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to continuing to slice with you every week! Thanks for your kind words to me this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the love letters that are being written by slicers today. I hope you know how much I appreciate your vulnerability and wisdom in your writing! I'm so glad this is not goodbye because I know we will keep "seeing" each other through Spiritual Journey Thursday and Tuesday slices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed reading your work this month! Thanks for spending time with us as writers. You have a lot of joy and wisdom to share!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a letter! Beautiful.

    Thank you for encouraging me with your writing and comments.

    Remember the sunshine questions? Your thinking of me was so uplifting!

    ReplyDelete