Friday, March 20, 2015

SOLC #20 Happy Birthdays

The Slice of Life March Challenge is hosted by Two Writing Teachers.

Several slicers have written about birthdays - children's, spouse's, parent's, friend's, and their own.   Now that I am 51, I look at birthdays a little bit differently.  Reading these slices has made me think about how each year the perspective on birthdays change along with things we look forward to - or not.

Happy Birthday

Walking
potty training
sleeping in big beds

Themed parties

Barbie
Barney
Baseball

Slumber parties
pizza parties
pool parties

driving
voting
drinking

careers
weddings 
babies

over-the-hill
black balloons
mammograms 

gray hairs
grandkids
colonoscopies

retirement parties

being thankful for another day
of life



6 comments:

  1. I think you hit all the high -- and low -- lights of birthdays! (I'm not sure if it is actually your birthday, but if it is ... happy birthday! And if not ... then happy Friday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is not my birthday - just a reflection of slices I have read. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Oh Birthdays. I find it fascinating how they change over the years. Oh the driving, voting, drinking days. :) I'm headed over the hill, so they seem like a dream these days! Thanks for sharing, this made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have stopped celebrating birthdays years age. Now, it is just another day... a day spent with Kathy...a delicious meal of my choosing...just being thankful that I made it through another year and hopes that the next year will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celebrating birthdays can take many forms. For me the best part of a birthday is spending time with people I love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It captures how fast time goes by!

    ReplyDelete