Saturday, March 19, 2022

Laundry Day #SOL22

I'm struggling to write today.

Maybe it is because of the gloomy weather on this Saturday morning after a string of gloriously warm, sunny days.

Maybe it is because my spring break is over and thoughts of returning to school and approaching the starting line of the last nine-week dash are near.

Maybe it is because of the heartbreaking news of war and death of innocent people is bearing down heavily.

Maybe it is because I am comparing myself to other slicers. Enough said.

When I began this challenge I vowed to keep my posts light and uplifting. Completing this challenge was my way of finding those stories and ordinary moments that need to be captured. To once again, find the joy of writing.

I still want that. 

I still need that.

Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels

So, today is laundry day - both literally and figuratively. 

My post is written and will hopefully wash away those gloomy thoughts and rinse off this writing slump that I have found myself in. 

As I fold and stack words this week, I hope to breathe in that sweet fragrance of having written.

Now, to finish that literal laundry.


 

 

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we 
share a slice of life during the month of March. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your candor here. It is sometimes a true act of will to be hopeful, to be kind to oneself. Breathe in the goodness around you. If you're anything like me, you'll find it all over--even on days like these : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your post. Why do we need to compare, if it was all the same, it wouldn't be interesting. And I am doing laundry this morning too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your laundry day metaphor. We all use writing as a way to wash our mood and clean thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Terje, I thought your laundry idea raised your slice to become a metaphor for your life during this mid-march time. I added your name to my slice today because I am gearing up for your party.

    ReplyDelete