Thursday, March 3, 2022

Young Love #SOL22


"Love you," she whispers as she looks up at him with those first-love starry eyes.

Their hands linger a moment, and then they go their separate ways down the hall.

I smile at the sixth-grade romance and fall in step with her. These are my "love birds" as I affectionately call them. He transferred in back in the fall, and their "coupleship" soon became commonplace in our hallways. After reminding them more than once of our policy on public display of affection, now I just smile at their innocent and sweet relationship.

As I walk down the hall with her, she asks me, "Mrs. Eck, have you ever known someone where you have to look up to see someone's eyes?"

I laugh, "My husband is six foot one, my son is six foot two, and my daughter is five foot ten. So yes, this five foot four person has to look up at someone every single day."

She giggles and walks into her next class.

Ahh...young love.

   

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we 
share a slice of life during the month of March. 

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I love how you tied in this conversation with your loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sixth grade love is unique. You can't help but smile when you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Oh the days of young love. So glad you're slicing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet moment. I remember my 6th grade love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet to read about the young love. Innocence and the feeling of future ahead walking hand in hand.

    ReplyDelete