Friday, March 25, 2022

Weekly Reflection #SOL22


The first time I saw the Friday reflection was in Michelle Haseltine's #100 Days of Notebooking Facebook group.  I have noticed several slices using this same format to think about and reflect on their week. This would be a good practice to start. I was reminded of this idea by Juliette, my writing friend from Ghana.

things that made me smile:

  • daffodils (that haven't bloomed in years) blooming in the landscape
  • a Monday positive message from a colleague
  • a new lesson that went better than expected
  • NCAA March Madness
  • Coach Eck (my daughter) speaking and honoring her 8th grade players and my former students
4 words to describe my week
  • chilly-rainy-dreary
  • late-night
  • colorful
  • steady
3 plans for the weekend
  • playing cards with family
  • reading What Lives in the Woods by Lindsay Currie
  • watching basketball games
2 things I learned this week
  • a student was purposely causing a computer glitch on a test
  • Penny Kittle ad Kelly Gallagher have started their videos again

1 goal for the weekend
  • limit my time spent on school work

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we 
share a slice of life during the month of March. 

4 comments:

  1. I love that final goal which will free up time for your three plans for the weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this reflection format. So concrete. I hope you get lots and lots of school work free time and mind this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this format for reflection and tried it out myself today. I had bookmarked earlier in the month and forgotten about it so thank you for the reminder. And also for the reminder to watch Penny and Kelly's new series! I actually didn't finish all of the videos from last year either so I am looking forward to catching up on all of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great format. I went with this today! I sure do hope you don't spend much time on school work this weekend! More cards!!!

    ReplyDelete