Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Anything Can Become a Slice #sol18

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we share a slice of life every single day in the month of March

Megan wakes up and joins me at the dining room table.  "Are you working on the next class," she asks.

"No, I am commenting."

"Commenting?"

"Yes, you know it's March, where we post every day.  I am reading others' slices and commenting on them," I reply and return to my computer.

Fast forward to the afternoon.

Click.

"What are you taking a picture of?" Megan asks.

"The notification that they are evaluating my paper," I explain.  "Remember, it's March and anything can become a slice."

"I think I better keep my mouth shut," she says "before I become a slice."

Too late! Yes, anything can become a slice.

11 comments:

  1. Love this! I have been known to look at my kids after something happens or they say something ...and I'll say, "I think I found my slice!" I love the slicing lens of March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, too funny! Isn't it great what we notice as writers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect, Megan!! Anything can be a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true, anything can be a slice. My husband is always leery of this month. He doesn't need to worry, much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of dialogue and the turn this slice took at the end! So fitting! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny. The brevity of your slice and its dialogue packed a good punch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to include the kiddo's . Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, she speaks the truth! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the good laugh! The dialogue is priceless. The ending punch line, perfect.

    ReplyDelete