Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Book Spine Poetry #sol18

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we share a slice of life every single day in the month of March

We are getting to the end, and today I was worried. I had no idea what I was going to write about.  Nothing was becoming an inspiration, a muse, an idea, a slice.  

Then I remembered I had not used one of my I-really-don't-have-anything-to-write-about-so-I-will-write-a-spine-poem slice.

I quickly searched through my box of books beside my bed, arranged, and rearranged until this "masterpiece" was created...and my slice was written!


The book thief
jumped in
between the lines...
Gone!

14 comments:

  1. Great poem! I'm wondering...Where did the book thief go???? Great idea for a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love reading your book spine poems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I struggle with spine poetry. I'm always so jealous of your beautiful spine poems!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever! I should do this--I'm really running on empty now. It's funny, because most of the month my posts seemed to just happen. But today was tough and I have no idea what I'm posting tomorrow morning. I'm hoping inspiration will strike while I'm sleeping! Oh, and The Book Thief is an awesome book--one of may all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! I've never heard of this strategy for poetry. I'm thinking my Ss may really enjoy trying this with the books that are in their book boxes. We'll see! Thanks for sharing! Hoping you wake up with new inspiration to complete the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading book spine poems! I think it's because I like to spy on other people's book covers. You got a great poem out of the titles that happened to be by your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out quite nice! :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great book spine poems. Those are some of my favorite poems to read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I love this! You rocked it! Makes me wonder if I should look for a book spine poem for tomorrow. I haven't written one this year either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if you haven't read The Book Thief, then you simply must!

      Delete
  10. Cool. Witty. Amy also had book spine poetry today. I have na idea for one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love spine poetry. I showed my stack at a recent PD and the teachers were all amazed. Simple idea but powerful piece of micropoetry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Book spine poetry is so fun--and I'm often surprised by just how solid the poems turn out to be.

    ReplyDelete