Sunday, March 4, 2018

Stages of Procrastination! #sol18

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we share a slice of life every single day in the month of March.

I knew today would happen.  But I didn't expect it on Day 4 of the challenge.

You see, I am a procrastinator.  I try to write my slice a day ahead. Or at least plan a few slices ahead for those days when I have been caught behind a deadline or a due date or just flat out behind.

Yesterday was that day.

I am our school's yearbook sponsor, which means I create the entire book by myself. The due date is March 12th.  But knowing that I am a procrastinator, I gave myself the due date of Monday.

Now, I know you're thinking that isn't procrastinating, right? I gave myself eight extra days, right?

But I hadn't even started yet!

And that is for another slice....

Graphic found on Pinterest

Yes, I am in the crisis stage!

12 comments:

  1. We all have done that! At least you tried to be prepared. Love your graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there were actually stages of procrastination, but this is so right! Never again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I love the graphic. If I was still teaching I would post this in my room. My high school students would appreciate this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Best of luck with your yearbook. Hardest part of being a yearbook or newspaper sponsor is the fact that it is an "extra" added onto an already impossibly busy schedule of teaching. BTW, great graphic...I should have a poster of it hung by my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post speaks to me as I am a fellow procrastinator. The slice I'm working on for today is similar! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a copy of your graphic for my husband and sons- it is so perfect. I am not a procrastinator- I am an obsessive compulsive worrier who gets things done early. But my end stage still looks like yours because at the last minute I question everything I've done- sometimes I wish I only gave myself a short time so I could let it go and know that time is why I didn't do a better job:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that graphic too. I often end up in crisis mode over various work things because I'm a procrastinator too. (Procrastination is a good topic for a slice--filing that away for later!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you will get it done. Isn't there anyone else who can help out with a part? On the plus side, I can see slices in your day as you work. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, friend, we are so much alike. Consider it productive procrastination -- you are getting lots of other things done while you're not doing what you need to do. All is not lost!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Yearbook, that's quite the job! I still love your post though (the graphic is perfect), and it helps me feel better that I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This graphic. Yes. We are kindred spirits. I get stuck in stage 2 a lot, and then seem to blast right onto stage 5. Best of luck with the yearbook. Bless you for that. I've been watching that up close now that I'm in a small school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This had me smiling. I, too, am guilty at procrastinating! The stages of procrastination are too funny and spot on! I'm impressed that you are ahead of the game now with the yearbook! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete