Thursday, March 1, 2018

It's a Party! #sol18

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we share a slice of life every single day in the month of March.

I am kicking off this year's challenge the same way as last year - with a party!

This is the slice that keeps on sharing. Sometime this month when you need a slice, (and yes, you know it WILL happen!) accept this invitation to my party.  The best part is that you can stop by anytime during the month, but here is the catch.  You have to bring five items that are listed on the invitation below. 



What a great way for us introduce ourselves and get to know each other a little bit better as the month moves along.  Imagine a big party full of slicers!

Here is what I am bringing:

Favorite book:  This is a difficult one for me because I have so many favorite books. I will have to go with my favorite book I have read so far this year, and that would be Scythe by Neal Shusterman.  This book has been spreading through my room almost as fast as the flu virus! 

Favorite person:  I would bring my sister, Janis.  She is a fellow teacher, a cancer survivor, and one of the most positive people I know, and she brings life to any party she attends.  Although we are nothing alike, I know you will love her!

Favorite food or beverage:  We have a local pizza place, Bobe's, that has been around since the 1950's.  We have people who have lived here and moved away, and Bobe's is always a stopping place when they come back to visit.  Some people even have these pizzas mailed to them!  They are that good.

Favorite song:  When I was in high school, our basketball team won the state championship.  And if you know anything about Indiana basketball, then you know basketball is king.  Those four weeks of high school are some of my fondest memories. The song Celebrate by Kool and the Gang was played at every pep session and became our theme song.  And since it's a party, why not CELEBRATE!

Surprise:  I would bring each of you a notebook to record our laughs and memories of our time together.  What a great party this would be!

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you consider joining me sometime this month and bring along a few friends. Don't forget to RSVP when you post by either commenting here or tweeting me @Teachr4.  That way I can include you in this post and we can all share in the party fun! Last year we had 24 slicers join us, and I can't wait to see who all attends this year!

Let's get this party started!

Look who is coming!

Kendra from Simply Learning Together
Dani from Doing the Work That Matters
Wendy from Chaulk It Up!
Michelle from One Grateful Teacher
Sarah from Read. Reflect. Teach
Jennifer from Wahooliteracyteacher
Deb from Coffee with Chloe
Terje from Just for a Month
Ramona from Pleasures from the Page
Christie from Wondering and Wandering
Pat from Missives from Missouri
Elisabeth from The Dirigible Plum
Christine from Mrs. Senior's Slice of Life Blog
Tammy from Tammy's Reading Life
Carol from Beyond Literacy Link
Judy from Joodles Now & Then
Diane from Newtreemom
Lisa from A Slice of Lisa

24 comments:

  1. Love your enthusiasm and this wonderful, generous invitation. I'm sure I'll take you up on it later this month. Off we go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a party girl, Leigh Anne! Great idea and a wonderful invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a party, especially a party I don't have to dress up for. :-) I will be tucking this away and sharing when the moments of life are boring and not worth bringing to life. Sounds like I need a trip to your town to give that pizza a try. Pizza is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your party. You know I'll join it one day this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leign,

    I am looking forward to joining you soon.

    Incidentally, my post is about...What else? The Bibliophile Me. http://trivediziemba.edublogs.org/2018/03/01/bibliophile-me/

    Cool, ya! Come visit me & look up some of my favorite authors (or not)

    I agree with you that how can we choose only one book as favorite? Yes, Scythe is a fascinating read. Have you read Gregory Scott Katsoulis?

    Happy blogging.

    Purviben
    @Trivediziemba

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I remember this from last year and can't believe I didn't do it. But put me down as a YES, Leigh Ann. Just threw this on my Padlet, so I won't forget it! Happy SOLC and keep dancin'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just let me know when you post, so I can add it here! Sadly, they dance much better than I do!

      Delete
  7. I'll come to the party! Thank you for sharing this again and I agree with the book. I read your recommendation on Facebook and I tore through it. My students are loving it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, this was the party we enjoyed in the past. Love this idea, Leigh Anne. I totally forgot about it! Thanks for resurrecting it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm so glad you are doing this again! I've added it to my calendar! Happy Slicing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Leigh Anne! I remember last year's party. So glad you are hosting another one this year. Count me in for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! This is so fun and full of life! I know I will use this later in the month as my newbie SOL brain becomes mush trying to build my daily writing habit. By giving us ideas and examples, you have built my excitement. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea to kick off the a month long writing challenge! My favorite is your "surprise" gift! I'll keep this invitation in my back pocket because I'm sure there will be a day this month when I'll attend! Thanks for the invite and I'm looking forward to another 30 slices of life! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely planning to come to your party. It was great fun last year! I need to be careful that I don't turn into a planner! Could be dangerous to my pantser identity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's my party post, Leigh Anne! http://doingtheworkthatmatters.com/2018/03/13/solc18-13-31-lets-party/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a GREAT idea to get to know each other a little better and have some fun. I will be joining the party and will let you know when I arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm coming! Here' my RSVP! Thanks for inviting me, Leigh Anne! https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com/2018/03/19/are-you-coming-dont-forget-to-rsvp-solc18/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I joined the party today!
    https://missivesfrommissouri.blogspot.com/2018/03/sol-2018-day-19-joining-party-at-leigh.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I joined the party today! Such fun! :-) JudyK

    https://joodlesnowandthen.blogspot.com/2018/03/solsc-day28-im-joining-leigh-annes-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm absolutely going to do this tomorrow -- I can't wait to read the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the invite -- here's my list!
    http://sliceoflisa.blogspot.com/2018/03/joining-party-4-favorites-and-surprise.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Here’s my link:
    https://wp.me/p2fY1t-1fi

    ReplyDelete