Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we share a slice of life every single day in the month of March.
I keep a draft in my blog file for slice ideas. Sometimes I remember where I got the idea or who inspired it.
and sometimes I don't - as in the case of this slice.
Do you notice those smalls things that make you happy? I don't mean the blissfully content kind of happy. But the little things that make you smile and tickle your heart.
Check out this video on keeping a happy list. (If nothing else, just listen to his voice; its mesmerizing.)
"What if happiness is the practice of the slow calligraphy of these small gestures?"
Here is the beginning of my happy list.
- all my socks matching in a load of laundry
- waking up in the middle of the night and realizing I still have hours of sleep left
- the sound of a book spine cracking for the first time
- the smell of a book
- a new box of crayons
- stopping on an even dollar amount at the gas pump
- grabbing a stack of papers to pass out and having the exact amount I needed
- my grocery bill totaling an even amount
- the smell of rain
- just enough ketchup for my french fries
- today's slice
- meeting deadlines - see yesterday's post!
What would be on your happy list? I think I will keep adding to this list as I think more about what makes me happy.