Thursday, March 29, 2018

Impression #sol18

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we share a slice of life every single day in the month of March.

Two more days until we cross the finish line.

The daily habit of writing, or better yet, finding a topic to write about each day is a challenge. But because of this challenge, I place myself into the heart of teaching of writing.  The excitement, the frustration, the doubt, and the celebration.

For me, this is one of the best experiences to understand...to really understand...my student writers and their experience of finding themselves as true writers. 

Today, I leave another snippet poem that I think captures the experience of writing, sharing and living within the slicing community. 

And hopefully words to inspire my students.




Make a memory box
make it yours
don't just live
give something wonderful
a lasting impression.

©Leigh Anne Eck, 2018

13 comments:

  1. Leigh Anne,
    Your snippet poem reminds me of my OLW- Embrace. Give something Wonderful!
    Thank you being a member of this lovely community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a snippet, but filled with power and meaning, Leigh Anne. I'm looking forward to to doing lots of "snipped" poetry in April. Two more days! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your snippet poem. This community of writers is has helped so many of us become reflective and improve our writing. It is a treasure to be a part of the slicing community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give something wonderful... something we all can aspire to do, and if we do, it can make a lasting impression- maybe it will be just the encouragement someone needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the little snippets say so much. I am a firm believer in less is more. How did you create the image that goes with your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be a question mark at the end.

      Delete
    2. These are words and phrases cut from magazines. I lay them all out, pick a few to start an idea, and rearrange them until I like the results. I place them on a piece of black construction paper - my "canvas" - and then snap a picture. I don't glue them because I may want to reuse the words in another poem. Hope this answers your question.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE this snippet poem!! You've said so much with just a few words. Powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my next writing challenge might be poetry. I'll do that in a notebook. :) This has been inspiring to read! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your snippet poem...a very clever form of poetry, and so meaningful. I might want to try something like that some time. You've inspired me. :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  9. The words are a memory box and they leave a lasting impression. Great words snipped!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this snippet poem. I have a stack of magazines that I need to go through. I am thinking that it would be fun to try some of these snippet poems. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete