Friday, March 16, 2018

Ordinary Lives #sol18

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we share a slice of life every single day in the month of March.

Today's date means we are half-way finished with the Slice of Life Challenge. There have been days when I thought I wasn't going to make it this far.

This year has been different.

It has been difficult.

My plate is full.

Today, I think about these words from Ralph Fletcher, and I carry on

in search of a story.

Writers aren't people 
who have had amazing lives. 
Writers are people 
who find powerful stories 
in their ordinary lives.

8 comments:

  1. I really like this quote from Ralph Fletcher.
    It reminds me that I need to be a more watchful observer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make it all the way to the end of March! You keep your eyes and heart open, and you know how to write. You have shown this again and again in your blog. And you know that on some days only few words are needed and enough. I hope that the writing this month has brought you more joy than worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ralph Fletcher! Such a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect quote... especially for the middle of March. I too have had a lot of days where I'm not srue I can do it. We will though! I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful stories in ordinary lives, sounds simple, but oh so hard. I think you are doing a great job of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this quote! Hearing him speak someday is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quote too and the beauty our words bring to our ordinary lives. I agree, every year is different. This year the stories are there and I’m finding moments to write, but feel like I’m not able to dedicate time to reading and commenting. It’s a hard balance. But we do the best we can, just as you are doing as well. Hang in there and let’s push on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quote from Ralph Fletcher is perfect! And you can do this! I don't think that I would have actually entered this challenge if you hadn't encouraged me.

    ReplyDelete