Saturday, March 17, 2018

I Am Lucky #sol18

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we share a slice of life every single day in the month of March.


In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I am listing 17 reasons, in no particular order, why I am lucky!

  1. I have been married to my best friend for 27 years
  2. I have a daughter who feels the joy of teaching on days when it is not joyous
  3. I have a son who has discovered the magic of music
  4. I have children who have made parenting way too easy
  5. I have two sisters who make being the middle child a blessing
  6. I have a mother who continues to be independent and strong
  7. I have a brother who can still be...a typical little brother
  8. I have 7 high school friends who believe that distance apart brings us closer together
  9. I am on spring break
  10. I have piles and piles of books to read this week
  11. I have great colleagues who put the laughter in teaching 
  12. I have supportive administrators who help me to see the teacher I want to become
  13. I have a PLN who nudges when needed and pushes when wanted
  14. I don't have to set an alarm for nine glorious days
  15. I have a roof over my head even if the inside is in need of cleaning
  16. I have the opportunity to continue learning 
  17. I have another slice written!


17 comments:

  1. Those are awesome reasons! Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun to stop by & read your lucky slice! My fave has to be your piles & piles of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great format! 17 ways you are lucky. I am lucky to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hapy St. Patrick's Day, Leigh Anne. I am happy to have a friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous list and approach to St. Patrick's Day. Love that it ends on 17. Perfect. Happy to also be on spring break w/out the alarm buzzing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are 17 wonderful things, Lee Ann! So much to be thankful for in your life.

    Happy St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this list - and #17 especially! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful idea for a post. It’s great to reflect on all that makes life rich.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I am lucky to read this. Thanks for sharing! 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Number 4! Yes?!?!? This is a great post! Ahem, where is the reference to all the basketball you will get to see this week?!?!? ;) Just kidding. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are lucky! I am lucky to have you in my PLN life! Mark

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really are lucky! What a fun way to share your ideas on St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect slice! I am lucky to know you and have you on the #TeachWrite team. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it amazing how much we have to be grateful for once we think about it? I love the format of this and reading all these gems about you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it amazing how much we have to be grateful for once we think about it? I love the format of this and reading all these gems about you!

    ReplyDelete