A popular slice has been one where the slicer shares things that have happened since last March. I thought I would use this idea today.
Since last March...
- I have written 51 ones blog posts (that's about 25 behind the previous year)
- My son left for college
- My daughter began her 3rd year of teaching
- I celebrated 27 years of marriage
- My sister became a cancer survivor
- I lost my 92 year old grandmother
- I organized a one book, one district, one community reading of the book Wonder
- I began working toward my Master's degree
- I presented at two conferences
- I co-created a Twitter chat, a Facebook group, and a supportive tribe of teacher-writers
- I was asked to help submit a proposal for NCTE this fall (if accepted, it will be my first one!)
- I chose STEP as my one little word
because every journey begins with a single step.