Sunday, March 11, 2018

Since Last March... #sol18

Join Two Writing Teachers and other teacher-writers as we share a slice of life every single day in the month of March.

A popular slice has been one where the slicer shares things that have happened since last March. I thought I would use this idea today.

Since last March...

  • I have written 51 ones blog posts (that's about 25 behind the previous year)
  • My son left for college
  • My daughter began her 3rd year of teaching
  • I celebrated 27 years of marriage
  • My sister became a cancer survivor
  • I lost my 92 year old grandmother
  • I organized a one book, one district, one community reading of the book Wonder
  • I began working toward my Master's degree
  • I presented at two conferences
  • I co-created a Twitter chat, a Facebook group, and a supportive tribe of teacher-writers
  • I was asked to help submit a proposal for NCTE this fall (if accepted, it will be my first one!)
  • I chose STEP as my one little word
because every journey begins with a single step.

9 comments:

  1. Lots of steps in this past year... keep going forward, I look forward to hearing more of your steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is quite an impressive list. It sounds like it has been a good year for you. Good luck with your Master's education, and I hope your proposal for NCTE is accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much here, Leigh Ann. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Leigh Anne! It's been quite a year for you. Congratulations on all you've accomplished and all that's yet to come for you. Love this format and am adding to my ever-growing Padlet -- https://padlet.com/wymanc/fhn5xjs2w5w8

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great year you have had, Leigh Anne. Here's hoping this coming year is just as great

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed, Leigh Anne! Isn't it good to look back on the accomplishments; just think what you will be able to list next March. I wish you well with your Master's Degree. And here's hoping that your proposal for NCTE is approved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've had quite a year! I am so glad you started the Facebook group. I needed teacher writers to help me and support me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's a big list! Wishing you luck with the master's degree and the NCTE proposal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally using this for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete